In 2014 The Pankhurst Trust and Manchester Women’s Aid merged to form one charity The Pankhurst Trust with the joint purpose of fighting for gender equality, ending violence against women and girls and celebrating the birthplace of the Suffragette movement.
Role: Volunteer Counsellor
Reports to: SAHARA Team, Volunteers Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor
Hours: Slots to be agreed with SAHARA Team based on room availability
Location: Pankhurst Centre – Counselling Rooms / approved off site locations including Refuges
Aims of Role: Provide 1-1 Counselling for Manchester Women’s Aid services users.
· Providing face to face counselling with individuals referred through the Manchester Women’s Aid services
· Keeping confidential records
· Building a relationship of trust and respect with clients
· Supporting the client to complete evaluation after accessing the service
· Arranging client appointments in collaboration with the Pankhurst Centre
· You must have a clinical supervisor
· You must have your own practice insurance
Qualities / Skills:
· Good communication and interpersonal skills;
· A friendly, approachable, enthusiastic and sensitive manner.
· DBS Clearance – Will be performed by Centre
· Desirable – knowledge of Domestic Violence and Abuse best practice
· Must adhere to Safeguarding best practice
Training / Supervision:
· Safeguarding and DVA training arranged through the Pankhurst Trust
· Regular check ins with the SAHARA team and Volunteer Coordinator
How to Apply:
Send a CV and an Expression of Interest of no more than 2 A4 sides each stating why you want to be a counsellor with us, and a little bit about yourself and your goals as a counsellor.
Please also download and complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
Send your documents to email@example.com
The Volunteers Coordinator will respond as soon as possible and you will be invited to interview or placed on a waiting list for the next recruitment round.