Role: Reach Community Navigator Volunteer
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator / Reach Project Lead
Hours: Flexible (must be on weekdays during office hours)
Opportunity Description: This role offers the opportunity to be actively involved in supporting individuals/families who have experience domestic abuse and homelessness and have been placed in temporary accommodation. The role will support service users in the Community, assisting with finding local resources in order to meet their needs.
- Offering friendship, support and practical help
- Helping service-users to familiarise themselves with the area and local facilities
- Supporting service users to attend appointments
- Supporting the Reach team to access food banks and sourcing essential items for the individuals/families who need them
- Liaising with the Reach team about any progress or issues with service-users
Benefits and Perks:
- Opportunity to provide much needed support to service users
- Experience of volunteer support work
- Access to training and induction
- Insight into issues for service users who have experienced domestic abuse and homelessness
- To be an essential part of a wider team providing support
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, approachable, enthusiastic, and sensitive manner
Location: Locations across Greater Manchester depending on client. You may need to visit the Reach Office based at City View, Ardwick.
Health and Safety: All volunteer roles have been risk assessed to ensure maximum volunteer safety. You will discuss any additional support needs you may have at induction
- Pankhurst Trust General induction
- Safeguarding and Domestic Violence and Abuse training - available quarterly
- You will discuss any additional support needs you may have at induction.
DBS Required: Yes
How to Apply:
No online access? We can go through the process over the phone or in person.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Eleanor (Volunteer Coordinator) on 07706357929.
Pankhurst Trust Organisational Values
- Courageous by challenging inequality, stepping forward and making change
- Affirming by supporting and inspiring, paying attention to discover what matters
- Generous by sharing our skills, creating energetic positive links, and thriving together
- Rooted by being secure in our communities, participating and nurturing a sense of belonging