In 2014 The Pankhurst Trust and Manchester Women’s Aid merged to form one charity The Pankhurst Trust with the joint purpose of fighting for gender equality, ending violence against women and girls and celebrating the birthplace of the Suffragette movement.
As well as the Heritage Museum, we also support women who have left, want to leave or whom are in the process of leaving an abusive relationship.
Role : Refuge Play Support Volunteer
Reports to: Play Worker / Intensive Housing Management Workers (Refuge team)
Hours: 1 -3 days weekly
Term Time 3:30 -5:30pm (School holidays 1-3pm)
For continuity with the service we a looking for volunteers who can commit regularly for a minimum of 3 months.
Location: Refuge – location must be kept confidential
Aims of Role: To enhance children’s play. Specifically for children over 5 years.
- To support the Play worker set up the session and tidy away
- To enhance the play of children over 5 years
- To be playful with the children and follow their lead
Qualities / Skills:
- Requires a DBS Certificate – to be organised by Volunteer Coordinator
- A playful disposition and a good sense of humour.
- Ability to follow a child’s lead and not lead a child’s play.
- Reliable , patient and observant
- Awareness of the needs of different cultures and religions
- Awareness of the impact of domestic violence on children.
Training / Supervision:
- Play Session induction
- Regular meetings with Volunteer Coordinator
How to Apply:
Please complete the application form below and e-mail it to email@example.com. We will then contact you to discuss roles and your availability.