- Offer a friendly and informative welcome to visitors;
- Help visitors get the most out of the Museum by answering questions and sharing knowledge;
- Help maintain a safe and secure environment;
- Provide information to visitors and promote the Pankhurst Centre’s programs, events and services;
- Sell and restock items in Gift Shop
- Keep an eye on exhibition spaces
- Treat all visitors, volunteers and staff with respect, impartiality and dignity
- Obtain visitor comments via surveys and informal feedback
- Supervise visitor safety in an emergency and carry out fire marshal duties
- Maintain resources within the Heritage Museum and report issues to the Pankhurst Centre’s teams.
QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of and interest in women’s suffrage and/or Suffragette history and culture is not required, we will support you in learning about the building and its history.
- Good communication skills.
- Committed to ensuring a high quality experience for our diverse visitors.
- Be able and willing to work unsupervised; Be willing to answer questions that visitors may ask
- Be flexible and willing to learn and tackle new skills
- Be willing to discuss with Pankhurst Centre’s staff and their appointed consultants your experience as a volunteer.
TRAINING AND SUPERVISION
- We provide training in good customer service practice and museum routines.
- We will inform you in advance of your hours and arrangements.
- We ensure that there is support to resolve issues which may arise.
- Regular training opportunities, and best practice sharing
- Centre/Volunteers Coordinator
Thursdays : 9.45am-4.15pm or 9:45am -1pm or 12:30pm-4:15pm
Sunday (2nd and 4th of the month) 12.45pm-4.15pm
Tuesdays - Occasional Tours 1-2 hours
Ad hoc Events, Hires, Workshops, Admin support