In 2014 The Pankhurst Trust and Manchester Women’s Aid merged to form one charity The Pankhurst Trust with the joint purpose of fighting for gender equality, ending violence against women and girls and celebrating the birthplace of the Suffragette movement. SAHARA Project is National Lottery Community Funded Project designed to work with BAME women and girls, who have been victims of Domestic Violence & Abuse.
Reports to: Group Work Facilitator, Volunteers Coordinator
Hours: 3hrs including set up and clear down .
Commitment needed for full 8-12 week period January to April / April to July / September to December
Various days – Mon. Tue, Wed, Fri (not Thursday)
Location: Pankhurst Centre
Aims of Role:
Help ensure a positive and empowering experience for Manchester Women’s Aid service users attending group counselling.
• To assist the facilitator in setting up the room, resources and refreshments.
• Organise group resources and ensure participants complete relevant paperwork at beginning and end of group work as appropriate. • Help participants settle into the group and encourage service user participation during the group. Offer support if necessary.
• To assist other volunteers / staff with clearing up after the group.
Qualities / Skills:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• A friendly, approachable, enthusiastic and sensitive manner.
• Good level of literacy and confident in group situations.
• Presentation skills Training / Supervision:
• DVA and Safeguarding training
• Supervision and support available from the Volunteer Coordinator
How to Apply:
Please complete the application form below and e-mail it to email@example.com. We will then contact you as soon as possible to discuss available roles and discuss your availability.