Role :The Pankhurst Centre Garden Volunteer
Reports to: Volunteers Coordinator
Hours: Thursday mornings, Ad hoc
Aims of Role: Maintenance of the Pankhurst Centre Garden
The Pankhurst Garden pays tribute to the lengthy and gruesome battle fought by Emmeline Pankhurst and the Suffragettes, which gave ordinary women the independence to live their lives.
The garden was made possible thanks to a Crowdfunding campaign and has been creatively designed by Janet Leigh to tell the story of the incredible women who won the vote, as well as offering a therapeutic space for the women and children who use Manchester Women’s Aid, which is located at the Pankhurst Centre.
You can see our Crowdfunding campaign here! : Plant a Seed for Gender Equality
- Digging, watering, planting, weeding, litter picking
Qualities / Skills:
- Interest in gardening
- Ability to manage light garden duties
- We will provide guidelines around safe manual handling and use of appropriate protective clothing and garden equipment
- We will inform you in advance of your hours and arrangements.
- We ensure that there is support to resolve issues which may arise.
- Regular training opportunities, and best practice sharing.
- Perks for long term volunteers
How to Apply:
Please complete the application form below and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then contact you within 10 working days to discuss available roles and discuss your availability.