Role :The Pankhurst Centre Garden Volunteer
Reports to: Volunteers Coordinator
Hours: Thursdays, Sundays - during museum opening, Ad hoc
Aims of Role: Maintenance of the Pankhurst Centre Garden
The Pankhurst Garden pays tribute to the lengthy and gruesome battle fought by Emmeline Pankhurst and the Suffragettes, which gave ordinary women the independence to live their lives.
The garden was made possible thanks to a Crowdfunding campaign and has been creatively designed by Janet Leigh to tell the story of the incredible women who won the vote, as well as offering a therapeutic space for the women and children who use Manchester Women’s Aid, which is located at the Pankhurst Centre.
- Digging, watering, planting, weeding, litter picking
- Interest in gardening
- Ability to manage light garden duties
- We will provide guidelines around safe manual handling and use of appropriate protective clothing and garden equipment
- We will inform you in advance of your hours and arrangements.
- We ensure that there is support to resolve issues which may arise.
- Regular training opportunities, and best practice sharing.
- Perks for long term volunteers
How to Apply:
Apply here: https://pankhurstvolunteers.teamkinetic.co.uk/vk/volunteers/registration.htm
If you have any questions or are unable to apply online email: firstname.lastname@example.org.