Role : Drop In Volunteer
Reports to: SAHARA Team / Volunteers Coordinator
Hours: Wednesdays 11am-3pm Drop in Sessions including Set up / Clear down
Aims of Role: To provide a safe and stimulating environment for women to meet, take part in activities if interested, share healthy food and socialise.
- Offer a friendly and informative welcome to visitors
- Help plan and book activities for the Drop In.
- Meet and greet service users
- To encourage service user participation during Drop in activities.
- Consult with clients to plan activities they would like to take part in.
- To empower service users.
- To assist other volunteers / staff with clearing up after the planned activities.
- Coordinate lunch and refreshments.
- Support the efficient running of additional support sessions eg. Legal Clinic, Housing Advice, DVA support
Qualities / Skills:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of the general layout of the Pankhurst Centre
- A friendly, approachable, enthusiastic and sensitive manner
- Be willing to discuss with Pankhurst Centre’s staff and their appointed consultants your experience as a volunteer.
- Language skills a bonus, especially Urdu
- We ensure that there is support to resolve issues which may arise.
- Regular training opportunities, and best practice sharing.
How to Apply:
Please complete the application form below and e-mail it to email@example.com. We will then contact you within as soon as possible to discuss available roles and your availability.