Role : CONNECT Community Navigator Volunteer
Reports to: CONNECT Worker
Responsible for: Supporting CONNECT service users in the Community
Flexible role – to be discussed with Connect Worker.
Minimum fortnightly commitment
Location: Various locations across the city
Aims of Role:
To support service users in the Community, assisting with finding local resources in order to meet their needs.
Pankhurst Trust General Induction & CONNECT Service induction
Domestic Violence and Abuse training available
- Offering support, friendship and practical help
- Helping service users familiarise themselves with the area and local facilities
- Supporting service users with court visits
- Liaising with the CONNECT team about any progress or issues with clients
Qualities / Skills:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- A friendly, approachable, enthusiastic and sensitive manner.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled, BAME and LGBTQia+ candidates as our service aims to reflect the diversity of the city which we serve. If you have any additional support needs, these can be discussed with the Volunteers Coordinator.
How to Apply:
Please download and complete the application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Esther Lisk-Carew, Volunteers Coordinator, on email@example.com or call 0161 273 5673 during business hours.
Pankhurst Trust Organisational Values
Courageous by challenging inequality, stepping forward and making change
Affirming by supporting and inspiring, paying attention to discover what matters
Generous by sharing our skills, creating energetic positive links, and thriving together
Rooted by being secure in our communities, participating and nurturing a sense of belonging