Role : Community Navigator Volunteer
Reports to: Referrer outreach worker
Responsible for: Supporting service users in the Community
Flexible role – to be discussed with Worker.
Minimum fortnightly commitment
Location: Various locations across the city
Aims of Role:
To support service users in the Community, assisting with finding local resources in order to meet their needs.
Pankhurst Trust General Induction & MWA Service induction
Domestic Violence and Abuse training available
- Offering support, friendship and practical help
- Helping service users familiarise themselves with the area and local facilities
- Supporting service users with court visits
- Liaising with the outreach team about any progress or issues with clients
Qualities / Skills:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- A friendly, approachable, enthusiastic and sensitive manner.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled, BAME and LGBTQia+ candidates as our service aims to reflect the diversity of the city which we serve. If you have any additional support needs, these can be discussed with the Volunteers Coordinator.
How to Apply:
Please download and complete the application and send it to email@example.com
Drop into the Museum on a Thursday between 11am and 3pm and ask to speak to Esther Lisk-Carew, Volunteers Coordinator
Call (during office hours) 0161 273 5673 (temporarily unavailable)
PANKHURST TRUST VALUES
Generous: sharing our skills, creating energetic positive links, and thriving together
Affirming: supporting and inspiring, paying attention to discover what matters
Courageous: challenging inequality, stepping forward and making change
Rooted: secure and participating in our communities, nurturing a sense of belonging