Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator and CYP Service Senior
Opportunity Description: This is an opportunity to support CYP who have lived experience of domestic violence and abuse. This will develop the volunteer’s understanding of the impact of DVA and trauma on CYP and their families. Through training and volunteering in our refuge accommodation the volunteer will develop an understanding of professional boundaries, an understanding of safeguarding, improved communication with CYP and families, an understanding of therapeutic play techniques and learn about the impact of trauma on brain development, attachment, and parenting.
- Co-facilitate an open access play session for ages 5+
- set up and tidy before and after sessions
- Support and engage CYP in play
Hours: 4:30 – 6:30 weekly on a weekday of your choice (locations and availability may vary)
Qualities and Skills:
- Able to engage CYP in play
- Able to commit to the same day and time each week
- An interest in Health and Social Care or Children’s Social Care
- A second language is useful but not essential
Location: Volunteers will be placed in one of our refuges – with locations in North, Central and South Manchester
Health and Safety: All volunteer roles have been risk assessed to ensure maximum volunteer safety. You will discuss any additional support needs you may have at induction.
- Pankhurst Trust General induction
- Safeguarding and Domestic Violence and Abuse training - available quarterly
- You will discuss any additional support needs you may have at induction.
DBS Required: Enhanced with Children’s Barring Check
How to Apply: Please contact the volunteering team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07706357929.
Pankhurst Trust Organisational Values
- Courageous by challenging inequality, stepping forward and making change
- Affirming by supporting and inspiring, paying attention to discover what matters
- Generous by sharing our skills, creating energetic positive links, and thriving together
- Rooted by being secure in our communities, participating and nurturing a sense of belonging